LongMan Records, a local Indie Label run by internationally acclaimed classical guitarist Richard Durrant, stages its first Showcase at The Ropetackle Arts Centre, Shoreham By Sea, West Sussex on Friday 17th July 2009.
The Artists, all of whom have made or are in the process of making CDs with LongMan Records, are as follows (in the order of appearance).
1. The Hofners…are Duncan Campbell (with white Hat) and Martin Burley. Their song “Daiquiri Dreams” comes from their CD entitled “COLORAMA” LONGMANCD050.
2. Demolition Sky…are Alistair Mackie (with glasses) and Mark Collyer. Their song “Where do we go” will be on their first CD which is due for release with LongMan later this year.
3. Simon Stewart sings his song “Blazing Heat” which comes from his CD entitled “ACROSS THE LAND” LONGMANCD047.
4. Mark Allen sings his song “Let The Pages Blacken” which is on the CD he made with Richard Durrant and Tom Arnold entitled “WHERE THE RIVER MEETS THE SEA” LONGMANCD044 where they called themselves “Ungagged”.
5. Terry Emm sings his song “Sarah” which comes from his CD “WHITE BUTTERFLIES” LONGMANCD051.
6. Jack Cryer, together with Matt Devitt on lead guitar and Matt Hodgson on cajon, sings “Floor” from her CD entitled “THE WAY I FEEL” LONGMANCD039.
Throughout the showcase the houseband was Richard Durrant on Classical Guitar, Double Bass, Bass guitar, piano and backing vocals and Marianne Hillier-Brook on percussion. All the stage backdrop visuals were by Malcolm Buchanan-Dick.
All information and CDs by the abovementioned artists can be viewed and purchased at www.longman-records.com …this was a most enjoyable evening…thank you to all who performed and came and supported.